Gendai Jujutsu is a modern martial art style, specifically designed for self-defence.
Our programs are age-specific, so members train with and learn martial art skills appropriate to their age (girls and boys 5-17, 8-11 and 12-17 years) in a fun, safe and respectful environment.
Class sizes are kept small so we can make sure each student always gets the attention they need.
In addition to technical skills, our programs develop the whole individual:
- Discipline – concentration, self-control, why to follow rules, better study habits
- Independence – for self-sufficiency
- Social skills – getting along with peers and the meaning of ‘respect’
- Commitment – finish what you start
- Positive self-image – healthy attitude toward self and others
- Physical conditioning – co-ordination, balance, flexibility
- Situational awareness – recognise and avoid danger
- Leadership – confidence, independence and courtesy
- Emotional maturity – manage the situation
And there’s more!
In addition to teaching self-defence, we offer an outstanding Leader & Instructor Program
(free of charge to existing students!), specialist seminars such as Women’s self-defence,
and the option to include us in your school’s extracurricular or in-school activities.